Saturday 21 November 2015

Something New - Makeup Buys...

Hello!

Yesterday I went to Superdrug and noticed they had the 3 for 2 offer (where you spend hours in the shop looking for the third free item...) I am guilty and have to say I found this too hard to resist! 
So after seeing Revolution's eyeshadow palettes at such an amazing price I went on the hunt for two other products to go with the deal.


The Revolution pallete I chose was Iconic 3 for only £4! :O I chose this because of the pink and peachy shades and the range of tones within the set. This is something I think is very important with palettes as you often get some that don't have very dark shades, they can sometimes be very medium tones which can make it difficult to create dramatic looks!
After using this today, I can say I am very happy with it. The colours show up really well and the pigmentation is fabulous! The range of different shades is great, so really helps with building up tones for a smokey eye look.


I may have to have a look at some of their other palettes (and start all over with the 3 for 2 offer... Yay!)

The second product I bought was another from Revolution. I was in need of a new liquid eyeliner, so I thought I would give their one a go. At only £3.50, I couldn't really go wrong ;) It is called Double Flick and Thin and has two ends. One end is obviously thin and the other thick! I used the thin side this morning and felt it was great for precision and creates a really great flick! I was a little apprehensive as anyone is with using a new eyeliner, but have to say I was pleasantly surprised and it is definitely worth the money.

I was initially looking for something for under £3/4 so that I wouldn't have to spend more than I had intended... Not that I had intended to buy 3 items in the first place! However as you do, I came across Lottie London. I found their nail polish range and was so excited to see To and FROW! What a gorgeous colour it is... It has pink/red glitter with a blue shimmer and looks absolutely gorgeous on! Now, I did spend more than £3/4, as this polish was £5.99 which I would normally not pay for a nail varnish, but as this was in the offer, it only cost me a little bit..!


I find it works best if you use a base coat of a deep blue or maybe even a dark pink colour, as it really brings out the sparkle :) I will show you a nail tutorial for this if people would like to see it!

Let me know what you think of these products, have any of you tried these?
Thanks for reading, Jelaca <3 

8 comments:

  1. Love Make-up revolution and that palette is gorgeous! Do a nail tutorial it would be great to see!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bit about trying to find the third item is so true, such a struggle everytime!
    And the Revolution eyeshadow palette looks pretty tempting in rose gold, a dupe for Naked 3 perhaps....

    Holly - thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polish and eyeshadow palette look amazing! I really need quite a few items at the moment so I should go and make use of this offer.... Boots do it a lot too!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear a lot about those palettes, looks like there are a lot of great neutral shades!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a great offer and that palette looks amazing!!!!! I want to get my hands on that asap!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that palette looks so nice! I think I will go and buy it, thanks for sharing!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing post
    I love these products
    kiss

    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/11/accessory-headband.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great deal for all of those products! :O
    The palette looks beautiful and that nail polish is really unique!

    Amy | http://amypham.me

    ReplyDelete