Monday 16 November 2015

Something You - Winter Nails

Winter Nails

I thought I would do my first tutorial style blog post, as I had an idea for Winter inspired nails! I know it's not perfect, but try to look past the rough edges! Hope you like this...


Step One: Start off by painting your nails with one-two coats of white nail polish and wait until they have completely dried. 


Step Two: It is important that they are completely dry, otherwise this next step will ruin them! Next you will need to use some nail tip guides and place them half way up your nail.

Step 3:  Paint over the nail with a baby blue nail polish. I used Maybelline's Super Stay Gel Nail Colour in Sea Sky. Again I would suggest using two coats.
  

Step 4: Once the polish is COMPLETELY dry(!) gently peel off the tip guide...

Step 5: Lastly you will need to go over the whole nail with a clear glitter coat. This is actually really good if your nail painting isn't so neat because the glitter can disguise imperfections sometimes! 

So there you have it! Let me know if you like it :) Once again, sorry if the tutorial isn't perfect, I just hope it could give you an idea of how to create this look yourself x


2 comments:

  1. They came out great! Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely try this when I get some nail tip guides. :)
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never do anything fancy with my nails! I need to stop biting them!! That's definitely going to be my number 1 new years resolution!

    Sinead x
    http://www.lovestylemindfulness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete